Fresh Awards – 2018 Blogger Award
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
The 2018 Fresh Awards Blogger Award is an initiative of Sydney Markets that was first presented in 2016. This Award aims to recognise the unique and flourishing nature of the online community.
We are looking for an individual who has created interesting, creative, insightful and visually captivating content that informs readers about fresh fruit, vegetables or flowers, your story is also required to mention an independent greengrocer or florist (located in NSW or ACT) or a wholesaler, produce grower, flower grower or providore (trading through Sydney Markets).
See our possible storyline ideas for inspiration.
Submit your enter for the 2018 Blog Award
$3,000 worth of prizes to be won, including:
- $1,000 cash – payable by cheque or direct deposit
- $1,200 worth of fresh produce or flowers over 12 months
- A SMEG Stand Mixer – Style with the power, torque and versatility to mix it with the best, rrp $799;
- The winning blog will be promoted by Sydney Markets through its various social media and on Sydney Markets Fresh Awards website
- A winner’s trophy and Fresh Awards winners logo
WHO CAN ENTER?
There is no fee to enter.
Entry into the Blogger Award is open to
- The author of the submitted story published for enjoyment or personal development, as part of their job or as a professional blogger.
- Australian residents aged 18 or over, on the day the entry is submitted
Please read the entry criteria to ensure that your submission fully meets all criteria.
Entries must be
Written in the 1st person, in a personalised style and
Promoted through the blogger’s social media channels with the hashtag #thefreshawards.
Focused on fresh fruit, vegetables or flowers and mentioned by name a
A minimum of 500, and a maximum of 1,200 words in length
Written specifically for the Australian market, and in the first person
Published on a blog or website between 30 July 2017 and 16 April 2018
Submitted to Sydney Markets for judging via the Fresh Awards website on or before 17 April 2018
Live on the entrant's personal blog or website at the time of submission, and remain live on the blog or website until the 30 July 2018.
- An independent greengrocer or florist* (based in NSW or ACT) or
- A Wholesaler*, produce grower, flower grower or providore* who trades from the Sydney Markets.
Entrants can submit two entries (only), provided the stories are unique.
- Entrants agree to provide details including their full name, email address, postal address, a high-resolution portrait sized headshot, a short bio together with their blog or website URL, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube account.
- By submitting an entry into the Blogger Award, the entrants agree that their headshot, bio and blog name will be used to promote their involvement both online and offline by Sydney Markets Limited and its sponsors.
- Blog stats, number of social media followers, likes or other metrics will not be used to judge entries.
- Decisions made by Sydney Markets Limited, such as validity of entrants or entries, and decisions by the judges and auditors regarding the winners of the awards are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Employees and contractors of Sydney Markets Limited, sponsors, and any other organisations associated with the Fresh Awards are not eligible to enter.
* Independent greengrocer or florist means a retailing business that supplies fresh fruit and vegetables or flowers from Australian farms via the Sydney Markets (central market system) to the public.
* A wholesaler is a business that sells fresh fruit and vegetables or flowers to greengrocers, florists or providores
* Providores are businesses that by from Growers and wholesalers and on sell to the foodservice industry.
||10 Feb 18
||17 Apr 18
||10 May 18
|Tickets to Fresh Awards on Sale
||17 May 18
|4 Finalists Announced on The Fresh Awards Website
||15 Jun 18
|2018 Fresh Awards Event, Sydney
||25 Jul 18
- All valid entries will be assessed by a judging panel comprised of four independent judges selected by Sydney Markets Limited.
- Information about the judges will be made available on the Fresh Awards website.
- The judges' assessments will be sent to independent auditors who will check and compile scores to confirm the outright winner.
- The four top scoring finalists will be contacted by email and advised they are finalists prior to the 2018 Fresh Awards and provided with two complimentary tickets to the Fresh Awards Event to be held on the 25 July in Sydney.
- The 2018 Blogger Award will be awarded to the valid entry that achieves the highest score as assessed by the professional judging panel, based on the criteria below.
|Total out of 100